Sounds like Ted.  Let me say that anyone that says web services is a
half-baked CICS is really not worth listening to.  That is ridiculous.  I am
really amazed at the nutty things said on this list.  If you think that web
services is coincident with SOA that is equal madness.  Do you guys think
these things through or just mix the newest words around the best you can
figure it out?  SOA is an architecture.  You really have to know what you
are doing to use CICS right in SOA, which is done with all the major players
in this arena, even with web services.  So far as I can see, you don't
understand much you are talking about.

I'm not at all against JSF or other solutions of any kind.  What I hate is
people who in order to market themselves lie and manipulate people who trust
them.  That is the only thing I have against JSF, the attempt to market it
buy taking space where it does not belong.  Anyone who brings JSF to Struts
cannot be working on too much voltage.

On 5/21/06, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: "Dakota Jack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Of course you aren't, Gary, because my panties are not in a bunch.
> You are the one with his panties in a bunch because you are here for
> JSF and JSF alone anyway and you don't like me having pointed out that
> your contributions did not merit your status. You can side with
> Kamini if you like, but she is the one of the real trolls on this
> list. You just don't like what I say. If you have trouble with me
> because of what I say, then you have black and white thinking. If you
> like what people like Kamini say, then you are just beyond interest.

No, I don't care about that. I think that Clay is a pretty fun trick and
might make folks think about alternatives to using the JSP JSF technology.
It's not the best or only solution either. Facelets is another very
interesting solution. In many aspects superior to Clay. I had a chance to
talk with Howard Lewis Ship last week about new features in Tapestry. I also
talked with Jacob Hookem about Facelets. I was honored that they would take
the time to share their ideas with me.

But, really, there might be something to be learned with Don's proposal.
It's really easy to get caught up in the merits of technology but the
question is, will people be able to better automate there business?

At JavaOne 2006, Sun announces VB that will run under the java VM. Now,
that's not my cup-of-tea but I bet that it will be a big hit in the business
world. So, is finding ways to use Struts action and Struts Shale really that
big of a deal?

I also had a chance to attend Scott Ambler's session on Agile Modeling
last week. He had a funny comment about how he had seen a lot of reinvention
of the wheel in regards to web services. He said something like, it was a
half bake retooling of CICS. I've often thought of SOA that way too and kind
of thought that at some level the whole JavaSpaces and BEPL was similar to
JCL. There was also a session on AJAX/SOA and Web 2.0 that they discussed
the re branding of these technologies.

I guess that my point is that we will always be looking for better ways to
solve our problems in a smaller window of time using spins on the same
technology and at the same time, trying to leverage existing investments.
This is in a market that doesn't always value the people that have the
knowledge of their business or the people that automate the business using
technologies.

So, what have you done for me lately? Well, not only the Struts and other
apache communities but Commercial vendors contribute their time and ideas
and are trying to make their products better by using open source as the
vehicle.

I attended a session on "project tango". Oh my, first class
interoperability between java and .Net. This is "Human sacrifice, dogs and
cats, living together... mass hysteria!".

Yet, it's hard for you to understand why two java web frameworks would
want to achieve interoperability.

"Which pill would you take, the red or the blue?".   "I don't know if we
each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on
a breeze. I think maybe it's both."
But, "That's all I have to say about that."

Gary

> On 5/21/06, Gary VanMatre wrote:
> > >From: "Dakota Jack"
> > >
> > > You are right, for once. I only speak for myself. Those who are
> > > unwilling to listen to others are condemned by their own choice to a
> > > life of ignorance.
> > >

> > Sheese, sorry this got your panties in a bunch.

Baloney

> Action

> setup

> page
> where

org.apache.struts.action2.showcase.jsf.EmployeeAction">

> handled
POSTs for