Comparing JSF to JSP, FTL, PDF, XLST is comparing apples and oranges.
That is like comparing Struts to PDF.  Ridiculous!

On 6/21/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/21/06, Juan Ara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The point is, provide an easy way to do things with JSF in a plugable
> fashion: use it or not, use it our way or not, but if you use it our
> way, well... there must be any benefit!

Yes, it's always been a technical problem. We accepted Shale as a
Struts subproject to give Struts developers a JSF alternative. Now
that we have a JSF option for SAF2, with a simple Showcase example,
the next step would be to try a coherent application using SAF2 as the
controller, and then mixing JSF and maybe AJAX in the view.

Such an example would help clarify that notion that SAF2 can be
omnibus controller. Just as we can plug PHP and JSP into Apache HTTPD,
we should be able to plug JSP, FTL, JSF, PDF, XLST, and whatever else
(Tapestry?) into SAF2.

~Dakota Jack~