Why in the world cannot you people see that JSF just does not fit?  Is it
impossible to accept the truth?  Would Craig be too angry?

On 6/20/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, it would be helpful to find a good way to make JSF easier to use
in a conventional Action-based application, much the same way we are
trying to make Ajax easier to use in SAF2.

Our first attempt (as a project) at JSF/Action integration was the
Struts JSF taglib. The promise here was to migrate a Struts JSP to
JSF, one page a time. It sounded good, but unfortunately, it didn't'
work out as well in practice.

Our second attempt is Shale. Since we couldn't find a way to integrate
JSF into an Action-based framework, we erased the whiteboard and
started over. While this approach seems to be working well for people
ready for a clean break, it is not creating a migration path for
Action-centric developers.

Our third attempt at integration is the recent work that tacks JSF
components onto SAF2. If this third attempt pans out in practice, and
works with extensions like Clay, then, sure, we might be able to
position Shale as the JSF extension to SAF2. Much like we're talking
about creating an Ajax extension based on DWR or Dojo.

As for making the UI tags an independant extension, a al Tiles, that
sounds good too. (Even better if we include the "value added" Ajax
support.) But I don't know if we want to hold back the SAF 2.0.0 to
make it happen. But, for phase 2, sure!