There is no exact plan when a new version (production ready tag) will
be available. I assume it will happen after summer vacation. We need
to start working on a migration guide [1] as a lot of things have
changed, see [2] (yet not included in any Milestone).

As Burton said, the production tag doesn't really differ from the
milestone tag - with the production tag we (Struts Devs) agree to
support a given version.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+6.x.x+to+7.x.x+migration
[2] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/919