s...@apache.org wrote on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:05:15 -0000:
> Author: stsp
> Date: Wed Sep 15 10:05:14 2010
> New Revision: 997249

> Log:
> Add an --old-patch-target-names option to svn patch.
> This option is useful in two cases:
>
>  1) A patch contains names like
>     --- foo.c
>     +++ foo.c.new
>     and should be applied to foo.c.
>
>  2) A patch contains names like
>     --- foo.c.orig
>     +++ foo.c
>     and should be applied in reverse to foo.c, e.g. to undo prior application
>     of the patch.

What happens if a user forgets to supply the new option?  (Does svn
complain that 'foo.c.new is nonexistent/unversioned'?)

For case (2): suppose I have such a patch (was emailed to me).  I
applied it using 'svn patch $patchfile'.  Now I want to unapply it; so
so I use 'svn patch --rd $patchfile' or 'svn patch --rd --optn $patchfile'?
AIUI, currently only the latter will work?

Is the UI "'svn patch' always uses the filename in the /^+++/ line"?