Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> writes:

> Your analysis looks sound, but I wonder if doing this would have any
> serious effect on checkout/update times; after all, the bulk of the work
> there is in report generation, only HTTPv2 is affected by GET response
> construction.

When I checkout Subversion trunk from my local mirror I cannot measure a
client gain, but I can measure better server efficiency:

 - The CPU used by Apache goes down from 1.2s to 1.1s.

 - The number of system calls made by Apache goes down

      68822 to  50664 for hot FSFS cache
     178885 to 161722 for cold FSFS cache

--
Philip Martin