As long as nobody even reported the bug on APR on any apr list/group/anything,
there won't be a fix... ever...

Please, can we at least prioritize reporting a problem in apr and preferable
fixing it there over doing workarounds that we have to maintain forever.

After apr is patched I would like to see the workaround code conditionalized on
being compiled against older versions of apr.

Note I haven't looked at the patch in detail, but it looks like it changes a
quite generic function by introducing new race conditions in certain error
cases. Not something I would like to see in our code forever

        Bert