On 29.08.2017 12:22, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Stefan Fuhrmann <stef...@apache.org> wrote:
On 18.08.2017 13:36, Johan Corveleyn wrote:

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Stefan Fuhrmann <stef...@apache.org>
wrote:

On 24.01.2017 12:20, Stefan Sperling wrote:

I would like to get an 1.10.0 alpha1 released in February. Unless I hear
objections I will start rolling this alpha release from trunk and call a
vote on it soon.

Originally, I wanted to complete the get_list API before the alpha
release but I can't make any commitments.  So, it is probably better
to roll the alpha with whatever is on /trunk at that time.

-- Stefan^2.

Hi Stefan2,

Is the current state of the new get_list API complete on trunk now? Is
the 'svn list --search' feature useable / good enough for beta?

Context: on IRC we were talking about releasing a 1.10 beta, so this
crossed my mind as one of the new features that might not be complete
yet.

BTW: 'svn list --search' isn't described in the release notes yet (and
neither in CHANGES I believe).

Sorry that had fallen off the edge of the disk for
the last couple of weeks.  Been super busy and then
went fully off the grid for the last two weeks.

r1806548 fixes the inconsistency that Julian found.

Are you sure? As I understood from Julian's mail, the problem with the
case-sensitivity really seemed like a bug: files with uppercase
characters were simply not found, not even if the pattern was spelled
out in uppercase. See the last one here below:

$ svn list | grep -i "^co"
COMMITTERS
configure.ac
contrib/

$ svn list --search 'co*'
configure.ac
contrib/

$ svn list --search 'CO*'
configure.ac
contrib/

So that looks like: you tried to make it case-insensitive (by
converting the pattern to lowercase internally), but it doesn't work
(because the paths are not converted similarly or something).

(I haven't tested it myself)

The thing is that --search "normalizes" the given patterns
to lower-case and handles accents. --patterns only converts
to UTF-8.

Orthogonally: I think case-insensitive matching would be nice to have
as well (either always, or optionally with some flag / pattern prefix
/ ...). Use case: Windows user base, trying to search for files with
an extension, like *.PNG, *.png, ...

Not sure that will work on the server-side.

-- Stefan^2.