Julian Foad wrote:
Julian Foad wrote on 2018-04-16:
=== Storage for binary files ===
[...] store a 'binary' file by copying the working version into a directory structure that parallels the WC directory structure, [...]

Done in http://svn.apache.org/r1831344 .

Performance, by a little manual testing, seems in line with what I'd expect for doing OS-level file copying.

What works now?

* files recognized as 'binary' (by our svn:mime-type rules) are handled by storing the whole working file; other files still use diff and patch

* unshelving a 'binary' file reports a conflict if the WC file is already locally modified (it doesn't check the base version is the same as it was);

* unshelving a 'binary' file copies it into the WC (and adds it to version control if not already)

* properties of a 'binary' file are still stored in the patch file and handled by patch application

- Julian