Hi, Tom,

Von: Thomas Singer <thomas.sin...@syntevo.com>
On 2018-08-10 9:52, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 10.08.2018 09:44, Stefan Sperling wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 08:44:08AM +0200, Thomas Singer wrote:
>>> When trying to commit to a sourceforge repository using a
>>> self-compiled SVN binary, I'm getting following error:
>>>
>>> D:\temp\irrlicht>svn.exe commit --username HinzKunz -m "a message"
>>> Authentication realm: <https://svn.code.sf.net:443> SourceForge User
>>> Password for 'HinzKunz': ************
>>> svn: E000013: Commit failed (details below):
>>> svn: E000013: Can't create directory
>>> '/svn/p/irrlicht/code/db/transactions/5634-1.txn': Permission denied
>>>
>>> Could this mean that we have built the SVN binary incomplete
>>> (missing a part that is required for committing to sourceforge but
>>> not other SVN repositories)? How can I get some helpful logging? Thanks in
>>> advance.
>>>
>> I believe you'll need to ask sourceforge about this. This looks like
>> a server-side problem and there is nothing an SVN client could do about it.
>
> More specifically, it looks like filesystem permissions on the
> repository storage are incorrect.

Thanks. That's what I thought initially, too, simply guessing from the error
message. But the user who reported the problem writes that with his default SVN
binaries the commit succeeded for him, and I'm not sure that's it's not a
problem with our SVN binaries.

Is it possible that there's a difference in protocols?

If the one user uses https://, and the other uses svn:// or svn+ssh://
protocols, the server side has different software, probably running under
different user account and permissions.

Regards,
Markus