On 20.11.2020 01:45, Yasuhito FUTATSUKI wrote:
Hi,

As I wrote in another thread, Subversion's configure script in release
mode still has an issue that it detects SWIG executable which is never
used in release mode.

Does this cause any problems for the build? As far as I know, it doesn't.

To resolve this issue, it is need to detect release mode in autoconf
macro or in generated configure script. However I can't find the ways
already used in autoconf input files.

What is the recommended way to do it?

There is no such thing as "release mode". We should probably make --without-swig the default, and make --with-swig (without parameters) do whatever we do by default today. Developers can fix their build scripts if necessary.

-- Brane