Den tis 16 feb. 2021 kl 21:37 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>:
> Is it worthwhile to automate this step?  doap.rdf changes rarely enough
> that we needn't bother with "edit part of a file" logic; we can just
> regenerate the entire file and «svnmucc put» it into place, with a
> comment indicating it's a generated file.

The doap.rdf contain references to two separate releases (at least
right now) and when running release.py you are working on one release
at a time. So we can't just have a template and add the current
release number, we also need to know the other release (which could
have been a year ago or the same day).

To automate "edit part of file", we would need to search for the same
major.minor and replace with current relase, but when there is a new
minor (1.15..) we would have to edit manually anyway.

It's a balance between the amount of work done by RM, the downside of
having different processes for new minor and new patch release and the
work to code to automate. I'm leaning towards having it as it is, but
I would listen to Stefan's opinion (since he did the most recent RM).

Kind regards,
Daniel