Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 22:17:45 +0200:
> Apart from the obvious suggestions "don't do that" there was a suggestion
> to add a filter of illegal characters and to mark files containing these as
> not-present instead of corrupting the whole WC.
>
> Does anyone have a pointer where to start looking?

subversion/libsvn_wc/wc-metadata.sql:32

"server-excluded" there basically means "We know there's a node by that
name, but we don't have its contents".  We could add another value to
that enum to mean "we have the node's name _and_ its contents, but we
can't create it on-disk because the FS won't allow us to do that.".

That enum already has a value literally called "not-present" but it's
unrelated.

Cheers,

Daniel