On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 8:21 AM Andrew Wetmore <andr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am cleaning up Infra's subversion repository. There is a file about wayita,
> with instructions for setting up wayita on a fresh virtual machine, at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/docs/services.
>
> The contents of the file are as follows:
>
> ===
>
> Beyond what is already encoded in puppet (see manifest for svn-qavm2)
> the following also needs to be done to setup wayita on a fresh VM.
>
> Checkout the code for the bot from the Subversion repository it lives in via:
> sudo -H -u wayita svn co http://repos.borg.ch/svn/wayita/trunk
> /home/wayita/wayita/wc
>
> Make sure the conf file is put into /home/wayita/wayita/conf
> Note that this conf file should never be placed in a widely reasonable
> location since it contains the passwords for the nickserv and for the
> repository the bot software is stored in.
>
> Make sure the sqlite files are placed into /home/wayita/wayita/db.
> Note there are two files one for #svn-dev in wayita.sqlite and one for
> #asfinfra.
>
> It may be desireable to pull across the the following other directories in
> /home/wayita/wayita from the existing bot source, but it is not required for
> operation of the bot.
>   backup
>   log
>
> The contents of /home/wayita/wayita/sockets should not be duplicated as it
> needs to be created by the bot on demand.
>
> ===
>
> Do you folks want this file? May I delete it from our repo?
>
> Thanks!

> --
> Andrew Wetmore
> Technical Writer-Editor
> Infra
> Apache Software Foundation
> andr...@apache.org

Hi Andrew,

This file should be kept; it is part of the docs on how to recreate
the vm, together with svn-qavm2.apache.org in the same directory.

If there is a good reason to remove files related to our VMs from
Infra's repo then please help us migrate them to the PMC's private
repo...

Thanks,
Nathan