On 10.04.2022 22:26, Branko Čibej wrote:
On 10.04.2022 22:02, Mark Phippard wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 3:27 PM Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
Mark Phippard wrote on Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 15:16:58 -0400:
So I was wondering how, using the gpg command. I can get the other
elements we include .. such as: Stefan Sperling
[2048R/4F7DBAA99A59B973]
They're generated by release.py:get_siginfo() which is called by
write_announcement(), so, «release.py write-announcement» is the right
answer.  (I just grepped for "with fingerprint:".)

A problem I am having is with my key. I have to run the
write-announcement in my Docker image but that has an old version of
GPG that does not know what to do with my key.
Install gpg from backports, or run write-announcement elsewhere?
I don't see why you couldn't run it anywhere you have a wc of
/dist/release.
Even on a system with a GnuPG that understands my key the Python
script does not:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/markphip/projects/svn-trunk/tools/dist/release.py",
line 1917, in <module>
     main()
   File "/Users/markphip/projects/svn-trunk/tools/dist/release.py",
line 1913, in main
     args.func(args)
   File "/Users/markphip/projects/svn-trunk/tools/dist/release.py",
line 1272, in write_announcement
     siginfo = get_siginfo(args, True)
   File "/Users/markphip/projects/svn-trunk/tools/dist/release.py",
line 1421, in get_siginfo
     formatter = PUBLIC_KEY_ALGORITHMS[keytype]
KeyError: 22

I haven't found a version of Python gnupg that knows what to do with your EDDSA key, whereas 'gpg --verify' works fine.

Actually it's not the gnupg module but our release.py script that does the formatting, and it only supports RSA keys. Interestingly enough, EDDSA (that you use) doesn't seem to be registered at IANA.

Try release.py from trunk r1899717, I added a quick hack to format your key.

-- Brane