On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 2:57 PM Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you all probably know Subversion was initially started by CollabNet and
> several high profile committers have worked there (and some still do).
> However the company's interest in Subversion has decreased over the years
> with several important domains slipping into the digital graveyard.
>
> Our page of binary packages [1] links to
> https://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion/linux.html and
> https://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion/
>
> On May 8th the SSL certificate associated with https://www.collab.net
> expired. Even if accepting the expired certificate (or connecting without
> encryption) the links above redirect to https://digital.ai and I can't
> find any traces of Subversion-related downloads.
>
> In [2] we decided that a link should allow downloading a "current"
> release. The links does not fullfil this requirement.
>
> Considering the above, I'm proposing (with a great deal of sadness) that
> we remove the links to Collab.net. If someone know if Digital.AI still
> provide downloads at an updated URL we can update the links.

That is sad, indeed.

Looking through digital.ai, I saw mention that both Subversion and Git are
supported (see [1], for example), however I couldn't find download links to
new or historical releases. Perhaps that is deliberate, perhaps that is an
oversight. Hopefully someone with the right connections can find out.

Until then, I agree that the broken links should be removed. We can always
reinstate them (or their replacements).

[1] https://digital.ai/products/teamforge/

Cheers
Nathan