Den mån 9 okt. 2023 kl 10:30 skrev Yasuhito FUTATSUKI <
futat...@yf.bsdclub.org>:

> On 2023/10/09 4:14, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
> > Den lör 7 okt. 2023 kl 06:52 skrev Yasuhito FUTATSUKI <
> > futat...@yf.bsdclub.org>:
>
> >> If svn is called with relative paths, it can only see
> >> cwd as a realpath, and absolute paths of argment paths
> >> are composed from it.  So the paths in error message we
> >> can expect here is absolute real paths or relative paths
> >> only (It assumes that relative paths passed from the
> >> command line don't contain symlinks).
>
> > I was able to reproduce the issue and thanks to Yasuhito's hints I was
> also
> > able to fix it by using absolute paths when running the svn command. I've
> > committed r1912826 with a simple fix which seems to work for me.
>
> I don't think r1912826 is a correct fix. For the main purpose of
> the test, checking SVN-4913 is surely fixed, it is correct,
> but then how the error message should be when the arguments are
> passed in the form of relative paths ?

Just so I understand your question, are you asking what the ACTUAL error
message should be when passed a relative path (which may contain a symlink)?

If this is the question, then it goes deep within the library where the
relative path is resolved to an absolute path. The error message has always
returned the absolute path (libsvn_client/copy.c, approx 3100). Maybe it
would have been better to return a path relative to the wc root?

Kind regards,
Daniel