Hi,

Prompted by Vincent Lefevre's e-mail (below, see thread at [1]), I took at
look at SVN-4622, or at least the second half of it.

TLDR; svn status is verifying read-only status for each file (based on
svn:needs-lock). Under Windows there is a separate read-only flag so this
is easily done and fixed. Under *nix the code will check for the normal
permission bits, first on user (if current user is owner), then on group
(if current user's group is the owner group) and finally on world. A file
with 664 permissions not owned by the current user/group will be seen as
read-only and the code will try to fix this (failing with Permissions
denied but still reporting Reverted).

The permissions code is in svn_io__is_finfo_read_only().
The code trying to "fix" the permissions is in revert_wc_data().

One way to solve this would be to add a separate argument to
svn_io__is_finfo_read_only() signalling if the file is not owned by the
current user (directly or via a group). This could then be picked up by
revert_wc_data() to output a separate message "Incorrect
permissions/ownership on XX" instead of the "Reverted".

There are some additional uses of svn_io__is_finfo_read_onl() but they can
easily fixed. As far as I understand, this function is a private function
so it doesn't require a changed API.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Daniel