mån 20 maj 2024 kl. 17:50 skrev Timofey Zhakov <t...@chemodax.net>:

> Hello everyone!
>
> There is an option in editorconfig for setting the maximum line
> length. I use it and I think it would be very useful to set it.
>
> Here is an article about this option and its support in different
> editors:
> https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig/wiki/Property-research:-maximum-line-length
> .
>
> [[[
> Specify editor guidelines from the EditorConfig file.
>
> Set the 'guidelines' property in the EditorConfig file
> to 79 symbols as described in the community guidelines.
>
> * .editorconfig:
>   (): Set the 'guidelines' property to 79 symbols.
> ]]]
>
> What do you think?

Hi

I can find very little information about the guidelines keyword.

Is this a widely supported option in .editorconfig or is it something
specific to a certain IDE or even a certain plugin? In case of the latter I
think it should be mentioned in the commit message.

Is the max_line_length a better option?

Kind regards
Daniel