On 6. 10. 2026 16:38, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2026 at 13:42, Branko Čibej <[email protected]> wrote:

    On 6. 10. 2026 10:57, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
    On Mon, 5 Oct 2026 at 19:42, Branko Čibej <[email protected]> wrote:

        On 24. 9. 2026 13:21, Evgeny Kotkov via dev wrote:
        The 1.15.0 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
        Please get the tarballs from
           https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
        and add your signatures there.

        Note: 1.15.0 tarballs should be functionally identical to 1.15.0-rc4 
(they
        are built from the same revision r1937767), with the only difference 
being
        in the version number.

        Thanks!

        I have an issue with the signatures for the .zip file:

        gpg: assuming signed data in 'dev/subversion-1.15.0.zip'
        ... skipped sig from Evgeny
        gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 25 12:54:09 2026 CEST
        gpg:                using RSA key 
D6678482E2ED5750E28B69292FB22D0D4ADC662A
        gpg: key 2FB22D0D4ADC662A: new key but contains no user ID - skipped
        gpg: Can't check signature: No public key


        I have the key in my keyring, but a public key without a user
        ID isn't valid. Could whoever owns this key add an ID and
        upload the updated key, please? Ivan, I think that's your new
        key, given what I see in the logs?

    It's my key.
    It's the same key that I used to sign Subversion 1.15.0-rc4.

    It's available on people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org>:
    https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ivan

    And PGP keyservers:
    
https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=D667+8482+E2ED+5750+E28B++6929+2FB2+2D0D+4ADC+662A&fingerprint=on&op=index
    
<https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=D667+8482+E2ED+5750+E28B++6929+2FB2+2D0D+4ADC+662A&fingerprint=on&op=index>
    
https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/D6678482E2ED5750E28B69292FB22D0D4ADC662A

    I also see it in the subversion-1.15.0.KEYS file.
    [[[
    ASF ID: ivan
    LDAP PGP key: D667 8482 E2ED 5750 E28B  6929 2FB2 2D0D 4ADC 662A

    pub   rsa4096/2FB22D0D4ADC662A 2026-07-14 [SC]
          Key fingerprint = D667 8482 E2ED 5750 E28B  6929 2FB2 2D0D
    4ADC 662A
    uid                 [ unknown] Ivan Zhakov (CODE SIGNING KEY)
    <[email protected]>
    sub   rsa4096/C62470648595D168 2026-07-14 [E]
          Key fingerprint = 9F3F 4DF5 6E1A EF95 73AB  F318 C624 7064
    8595 D168
    ....
    ]]]

    May be I am missing something?

    Or maybe I am. I didn't see this key in my rc4 tests, because I
    did the signature check before you signed. Could it be gpg somehow
    got an incomplete copy of it? That would be a huge bug, but I
    guess it's possible. Let me check ...


    ... so it turns out that your key did not propagate correctly to
    keys.openpgp.org <http://keys.openpgp.org> which I use by default,
    this is what I get:

    $ gpg --keyserver hkps://keys.openpgp.org <http://keys.openpgp.org> 
--recv-keys 2FB22D0D4ADC662A
    gpg: key 2FB22D0D4ADC662A: new key but contains no user ID - skipped
    gpg: Total number processed: 1
    gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1


Well, it's strange because the key is on keys.openpgp.org <http://keys.openpgp.org>: https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/D6678482E2ED5750E28B69292FB22D0D4ADC662A



Yes, the key file is there, but it's incomplete. I downloaded it and checked the contents and there's no UID.

$ gpg -v D6678482E2ED5750E28B69292FB22D0D4ADC662A.asc
gpg: enabled compatibility flags:
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
gpg: armor header: Comment: D667 8482 E2ED 5750 E28B  6929 2FB2 2D0D 4ADC 662A
pub   rsa4096 2026-07-14 [SCEA]
      D6678482E2ED5750E28B69292FB22D0D4ADC662A
sub   rsa4096 2026-07-14 [E]
sig        2FB22D0D4ADC662A 2026-07-14   [keybind]


Only the pub, sub and sig fields are there, the uid field is missing. That field is present in the key that's available on keyserver.ubuntu.com.

-- Brane

Reply via email to