On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 02:40:32AM +0000, hiro wrote:
Don't tell me Arial is a bad font.
And about this aliasing shit: my printer doesn't show it.
Is this really a matter of taste? Or my younger eyes?

Don't be a fool. Your printer doesn't show it because it has 10 times the horizontal resolution of your monitor. But it certainly shows the difference between bitmap and vector fonts even more as a result.

And Arial is a terrible font for anything other than screen reading at less than 12 point height. The Microsoft version does have rather exceptional hinting support, though.

--
Kris Maglione

Understand this, I mean to arrive at the truth.  The truth, however
ugly in itself, is always curious and beautiful to seekers after it.
        --Agatha Christie