On 3 Apr 2011, at 1:37 pm, Džen wrote:

I don't know what you guys think, but why not simply return messages
which contain a text/html attachment to the sender? Maybe like this
people might learn it someday and trash such shitty MUAs...

I think some mailing lists do this. Some simply drop all attachments but means you can't attach patches. Of course, the ML could just drop text/html attachments. The big problem is not attachments but mail which does not have a plain-text component.

You know, we could all say we're using shitty MUAs because we see the rendered HTML rather than the plain-text component. ;) Even HTML-only mail can be converted to plain text.

/me mumbles something about "suckless" and "MUA" :D