On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Al Gest <himse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Who's likely to behave more intelligently, a person who experiments
> and finds out what works and doesn't work for themselves and
> understands from experience why things work or don't work, or a person
> who religiously follows the preaching of some overcompensating
> jackass?

Specious question.

> flawed, you're just throwing fallacious remarks with the apparent aim
> of pressuring your opponent into submission.

I'm not responsible for your inferences.

> There are people in this world, like Theo de Raadt, who through their
> passion and frustration come across as assholes to the people at odds
> with them, but still provide a constructive argument, and then there
> are angry nerds who just come across as complete jackasses.

Then there are whiners.

> How you say something doesn't alter the substance of what you're
> saying, and it is the substance that provides merit. There is no
> substance in calling somebody stupid without explaining the why.

"Why" has been explained many times in the past on this very list.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM, errno <er...@cox.net> wrote:
> So what now? Do we exchange gps coordinates so we can duke it
> out physically, you lizard brained, pencil-necked fuckwad. That'll
> prove who's right about... transparent fucking terminals of all things.

Didn't take you long to shift into internet tough guy mode, eh?

> I got a better idea. How about if you just take your pigheaded antisocial
> misgivings and shuv them up your gaping asshole along with that brainfull
> of shit head of yours?

I think you forgot to delete the word "brain"?  Not sure what's going
on here.  I think maybe the idea is that you're angry because I don't
like transparent terminals?  Write back

> Next time, remove the giant throbbing horse dick out of your mouth
> before you open it. Though I know that might be difficult, what with
> your insatiable appetite for cock.

I don't normally open my mouth to type.

Transparent terminals unnecessarily increase computational power
required to render simple text.  They make a fundamental application
harder for a computer to run.  This makes the core program less
portable by raising the hardware requirements.  The only gain is
(arguably) aesthetic.  This, in short, is a completely braindead idea
of no practical value, unless you tend to use a computer in the manner
of someone who has been hit very hard in the head and has forgotten
entirely what computers do and what terminals are