On 06-17 16:40, Rob wrote:
Sure, they don't have a leg to stand on in this area

Not to defend Microsoft, but we're not in the Ninetees any more. Since Vista, they have invested millions into security and flew in almost every internationally known security researcher to break their stuff. Their software is far from "secure" (see the monthly patch day), but they might have more critical exposure then some of our free environments, see the Debian SSL debacle..

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
                -- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung