On 07-20 11:16, Kai Hendry wrote:
In the mail with the release announcement.
checksums in the announcement is something as a package maintainer you can't automate and has to be manual and hence sucks.

I believe the mail that started this thread is not automated.

Also I fail to see where "package meintainers" are involved.

Of course X.509 is broken and everything sucks, but it's what we have to live with. And better than nothing.
So would you be happy just with HTTPS and not checksums I wonder?

No :)

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
                -- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung