On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, Roger wrote:

I'm using dwm-5.9. I'd love to get a dwm-9999.ebuild into Gentoo, but some hate cvs/svn/git ebuilds and I have a tough time getting them into Gentoo.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have an ebuild in the first place for a piece of software that requires you to alter its source in order to configure it.

Depending on what patches (if any) you apply, dwm consists of two source files (on the non-draw.c branch). Clone the hg sources, compile it, copy `dwm` into ~/bin, and be happier not fighting with an ebuild and/or bureaucracy.

If you really want an ebuild for it, just create it yourself in a local repository.

--
Best,
Ben