On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 10:03:51PM +0000, Teodoro Santoni wrote:
Hi Laslo,

Anything else can be solved by finding your way into scraping the
website and building a proxy that sends you a very simplified version
of it at your w3m, links, lynx, dillo, mosaic or shell script.
It isn't easier and should be packed into a standard distribution,
but it isn't all that much of an enigma.

Never go full Stallman.

I'm just lazy, like very lazy, and the youtube-dl model looks appealing
to me: trusting someone dedicated to a naked representation
of a single website, not doing the scraper yourself... I although know
well that a package manager or a single standard distrib leads
to drawbacks like dbus, keith packard and the funny story of lpad
on npm (node devs deserved it in full!) [0].

youtube-dl:  A small command-line program to download videos from
YouTube.com and a few more sites

And don't forget that there is you-get which is 10x smaller than
youtube-dl. Youtube-dl isn't considered small.

--
Do what you like, like what you do.  -- Pickfire