pityuszgege opened a new issue #3247: Temporary Tables not visible when
connecting to Spark SQL
Make sure these boxes are checked before submitting your issue - thank you!
- [x] I have checked the superset logs for python stacktraces and included
it here as text if any
- [x] I have reproduced the issue with at least the latest released version
- [x] I have checked the issue tracker for the same issue and I haven't
found one similar
### Superset version
### Expected results
To be able to see the tables in SQL LAB and if I select one of them see a
short summary of the selected table and its columns. Another expectation would
be to autosuggest the table names and columns in the SQL LAB editor.
### Actual results
I can't see any Temporary Table names in the dropdown menu plus there is no
suggestion about the created Temporary Tables or their columns in the query
editor. However I'm able to query the tables and getting the appropriate
results in the results tab.
Additional information that connecting to Spark SQL via beeline command line
tool shows that all the Temporary Tables were created and registered (show
tables command) and their columns can be seen as well (show columns from
<img width="959" alt="spark_issue"
### Steps to reproduce
1. Start a Spark Context and set spark.sql.hive.thriftServer.singleSession
1. Start a Spark Thrift Server in the already created and started Spark
2. Create some Temporary Tables in the Spark context.
3. Connect to Spark SQL with Pyhive SQLAlchemy URI.
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
Apache Git Services