xiaohanyu commented on issue #4394: Implement the column config and row config
in pivot table
Above is the overall features of this so-called "column and row
configuration". Actually, we have used superset for almost one year, and
designed this feature from bottom up, improve piece by piece, and finally
proposed this patch for community.
The basic design is:
- should be a purely frontend implementation based on datatables state save
- put column configuration and row configurations settings to `formData`,
just utilize superset's existing tools to save and restore table state
There're maybe some issues though:
- store column/row configuration may cause url too long for browsers and
backend server, need to adjust existing nginx or some other backend settings to
accept long `GET` urls
- solution: maybe we should switch from `GET` to `POST` for queries to
avoid this kind of long url problem?
- frontend performance: when user has complicated settings and big data
tables, it really takes some time to render the whole table, need to figure out
a way to improve this.
We're definitely sure that there should be some improvements over the UI/UX
design, to make it more intuitive, so we propose this to community asking some
feedback. And we think that this is a good starting point.
This feature is mainly designed for dashboard readers, they may be leaders
of the team, just glance over multiple dashboard in minutes, and they need
colors to mark the most important metrics in a table for them.
That's all, thanks.
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
Apache Git Services