Tresdon commented on issue #4725: [WIP] Add "Published" feature to dashboards
Thanks for such useful and quick feedback on this, A couple thoughts and
things to do yet
- Ah yeah the `yarn.lock` did creep in there. This is probably a silly
question but what would the best way be to go about getting the proper version
of this? Probably just using the one from the commit before or should redoing
the `yarn install` set it straight?
- Releasing the feature: Perhaps it'd be fine to just have a script that
sets all dashboards to published since this wouldn't affect the system at all
and then people would just be able to modify it from then on? Even though 28
days-ish seems like a reasonable cutoff, this just seems minimally invasive.
- Toggling status in dashboard view and not just CRUD: Great idea, this
commit adds some of that functionality. I've added an icon right next to the
favorite icon to show whether or not it's published. I built it primarily off
of the FavStar component as well. It's not currently working completely.
- About chart privacy: The charts do get more cluttered but I don't know if
they're browsed as a final product in the same way as dashboards. Also
wondering how this would interact with adding charts to dashboards, would
people only be able to see published charts?
- SQL Generated: I'd be interested in knowing this too. I know that I can go
to each of the `Filter`s and print out the query before and after any
transformations but am not sure how to find out what things look like before
applying either filter and afterwards. Any quick ideas on how to do this? I
haven't looked into it much.
Things to do:
- The route I created for modifying the status
`superset/dashboard/<id>/published/<action>` returns a 302. I haven't dug into
it too much yet but perhaps you know what I need to do to address this.
- Show user their favorited dashboards in the list.
- Test non-owners trying to modify the published status
- Show generated SQL from using multiple base_filters
Thanks again for your feedback!
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
Apache Git Services