Hi,

Sharing out the notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRLqmUn-G7WiPe8qZnfuvbrYHZ1jmk9aSv9Bhjis2tg/edit#>
from a meetup last Friday, Sept 07. This document is accessible and
editable by anyone, and you can also see historical notes from all previous
meetings there as well. Please check out the doc for details, but a few
highlights:

*Making the meetup more open for anyone to participate*

   - We plan to add info on how to join the recurring meetup in the Resources
   section

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/master/README.md#resources>
   of the Superset project in Github
   - We will also link out to the notes each week to the dev@ mailing list
   to share discussions. Again this document is accessible and editable by
   anyone, and contains all historical notes. If you add agenda items, please
   be sure to note your name as well.
   - Please note, we use this meeting to flag areas of discussion and
   coordinate, not to make decisions. Decisions are made via the SIP process
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/issues/5602>.
   - Currently we are meeting every other Fridays from 12:00-13:00 PDT (the
   next one is 9/21) at this webex
   <https://airbnb.webex.com/meet/sylvia.tomiyama>. If you are interested
   in joining the meetup, and would like a calendar invite, please contact me
   at sylvia.tomiy...@airbnb.com. We'll schedule different times to
   accommodate other time zones when there are requests to do so.

*Call for input*
There are several large areas/changes being proposed, with important
implications. I wanted to flag these areas for the wider community to weigh
in on.

   - There are currently 9 SIPs in progress.

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/labels/Superset%20Improvement%20Proposal>

   - Christine will be writing up a SIP for dashboard filters based on the
   discussion in this issue
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/issues/5269>. Please chime
   in with needs, ideas, and comments.

Thanks!