Hi,

At the ASF projects release source code, a binary connivance release has to
match what is contained in that source release. [4][5] So you need to make a
source package that complies with ASF release policy [1][2][3] and vote on
that.Only then can you can then optionally release a binary package based on
that source release. (Most projects release both as once).

I also note there has been zero discussion about this release on this mailing
list. Why is that? In fact there seems to be not much discussion here at all? I
also note that the biweekly(?) meetings are still occurring but no information
is being brought back to this list.

Several months ago the podling was asked to correct the above issues.  It
doesn't look like these issues are being addressed or being addressed q. I
expect the next report (due Dec 5th) will include steps this project will take
to correct this. I will also start a discussion at the IPMC to see if a
decision needs be taken on if this project should continue at the ASF or not.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html