Quick note to say we're looking at this thread and seeing how we can
support this at Preset. We'd love to help enable this, especially as we're
looking to hire someone to work on documentation / tutorials / howtos / FAQ.

Also somewhat related to helping onboard contributors: I was inspired by
Holden Karau's series of videos around contributing to Airflow a while back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6smd-x3CbCQ

I love the candid approach, leveraging her experience contributing to other
open source projects and showing a path forward for others. To me it showed
how hard it is even for senior engineers with open source experience and
ambition to start contributing to a project like Airflow.

We've been talking about improving / rewriting much of our CONTRIBUTING.md
to and make it easier to setup a docker-backed dev environment. Also
related - I used to label some issues with "starter-task" label as good
onramping tasks (small features or bug fixes), but haven't been doing this
in a while. We should start doing this again!

Max