Hi Thomas,

I have a rather specialized question about starmath. I noticed that in document.cxx, in SmDocShell::ArrangeFormula, there is code which sets the layout to be BIDI_STRONG, so that the formulas are always drawn from left to right. If I understand correctly, this is only for the formula window, but not for the edit window. I want to get the edit window to be aligned exclusively left, as well.

At present, the edit window is problematic in RTL fro two reasons:
1) The text is aligned to the left (which is good), but not completely, since there is a space of about 5 or 6 chars between the margin and the text.

2) The cursor is aligned to the right, while the text is actually on the left. The cursor starts out flashing on the right edge of the window. Type a char, and you'll see the char on the left, far away from the cursor. The cursor meanwhile advances one position from the right edge.

Where would I modify the code to change this behavior?

Thanks,
Alan

Thomas Lange wrote:
aside from some small coding task
the only thing I can offer is support in anwering questions and
point wo where to look at if specific things are to be done.

--
Alan Yaniger
Tk Open Systems