Hi Syncoper,

I'm almost done with new REST API Service Interface documentation [1]. Last
peace missing is only User Service. Please take time to review changes to new
Service Interfaces and let's have a discussion on this mailing-list. I think we
already discussed all general changes, but if you find something missing, just
continue this discussion.

I have a couple of proposals for changes in User Service Interface, which I
would like to get your feedback for. After we all agree with User Interface I
will update Interface and Documentation accordingly.

1. User Controller contains 5 methods focusing on workflow activities. My
proposal would be to move these methods to Workflow Service interface. We could
leave business code in UserController class for 1.1.0 release and only change
User and Workflow Service Interfaces for now, so that this change will only be
visible to new CXF REST API.

2. There are quite some many methods capable of handling username and userId
likewise (suspendByUsername, deleteByUsername). As far as I can see console
does not use any of them (*byUsername). From my point of view, these methods
are redundant (except one), since you can always get user id by readUser(String
username) operation. My proposal would be to not support these methods in new
interface any longer.

3. There are two methods (and status types) to activate an user account.
ACTIVATE and REACTIVATE. From my point of view REACTIVATE is redundant, since
it shouldn't matter if user was active previously or not. All that matters is
that user should be active afterwards. Therefore my proposal would be to remove
REACTIVATE status type and also reactivate operation method.

WDYT?

Best regards.
Jan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/REST+API+upgrade