On 03/06/2013 10:45, Jan Bernhardt wrote:
Hi Francesco this is correct. We had a couple of other issues with XML but
mainly because of the parallel usage of Spring MVC. After removing Spring MVC
(and fixing current workarounds), we should be able to get CXF running 100%
compatible with JSON and XML.

For example I will have to refactor:

List<String> getDefinedTasks(@PathParam("kind") AttributableType kind);

To something like this:

List<WorkflowTask> getDefinedTasks(@PathParam("kind") AttributableType kind);

Understood: this wrapping has been done for other methods, so +1 for me.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgro...@apache.org]
Sent: Montag, 3. Juni 2013 10:35
To: dev@syncope.apache.org
Subject: Re: CXF problem deploying Syncope in Glasshfish

On 03/06/2013 10:28, Jan Bernhardt wrote:
Hi Francesco,

My issue here is that not all services are running normally with xml
encoding. Only JSON is working without problems. One example is
WorkflowService:
/**
       * @param kind Kind can be USER or ROLE only!
       * @return Returns existing tasks for matching kind.
       */
      @GET
      @Path("tasks")
      List<String> getDefinedTasks(@PathParam("kind") AttributableType
kind);

List<String> is not supported as a XML response for a webservice request,
because JAX-B does not know how to marshal this kind of primitive data type
(String does not contain any JAX-B annotations).
It looks like that the UnitTest is only testing JSON encoding.

To verify my issue, just take a look at:

http://localhost:9080/syncope/cxf/workflows/USER/tasks.xml

You will get a response like this:

No message body writer has been found for response class ArrayList.
Ah ok,
but AFAIK this (XML) has always been problematic, even before 1.1.0:
Sergey, can you confirm?

Regards.