Hi Francesco,
I am not sure if I totally get your point here: there may be a issue when using
syncope on a daily basis or does this involve exceptional operations (e.g. bulk
migrations, like moving millions of users in syncope) ?

>From my experience with customer projects, I was involved once in the 2nd case
>(bulk migrations): basically the IDM they were using (*not* syncope
>unfortunately) wasn't able to catch up with the migration flow. On of the idea
>proposed that time was to use a in-memory database, in order to speed up
>things like queries.

Now looking at short term solution that doesn't really impact the product, does
it make sense (from an operations perspective) to support this kind of solution?

My main point is to provide some kind of support for in memory db.