Hi,
I went ahead and:

* created branch 3_0_X from master [2]
* created new Jenkins job to deploy from 3_0_X [3]
* requested Infra to create Buildbot worker for 3_0_X (to build the docs) [4]
* advanced version to 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT on master branch [5]
* created issue to track work for JDK and dependency upgrades on master branch
[6]

Hi all,
after releasing 3.0.0, I would propose to copy the current master branch to
3_0_X and then to set the master branch to:

* Spring Boot 3.0.x
* CXF 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
* CAS 7.0.x
* JDK 17

Globally, these dependencies will also mark the final move from javax.* to
jakarta.* namespace.

About Syncope version, I was thinking to set 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT: even though there
are no major feature changes already planned for 4.0 Notturno [1], such a
massive dependency upgrade should be enough to justify the step from 3.0 to 4.0
(and might fit into semantic versioning as well).

WDYT?
Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Roadmap#Roadmap-4.0.0(Notturno)