Hi all,

Just to keep it public and everyone informed.

There is a vulnerability in LOG4J at the moment, that gives root access to
machines through LOG4J.

As far as i can tell we should not be affected since we do not provide the
combination of

surfaces that is required for the vulnerability to work (web access to logging
if i am not mistaken),

and it is also not clear if it also effects our version 1.2.7 (also used in
spark),

since the vulnerability is reported for versions 2.x >.

Spark is in a similar situation as us [1], and rely on Hadoop that use the
1.2.7 as well.

So currently my suggestion is to wait for Hadoop to update, then spark, then us.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-37630

The version to update to is 2.15

Best regards

Sebastian