Thank you Matthias for agreeing to do this!

"Having a very verbose doc quickly gets outdated" is a problem many
projects deal with. We can have the community comment on PRs that changes
those parts, if the documentation does not reflect the submitted change.
As a starting point, since you are most familiar with the component, very
verbose documentation is VERY welcome :)
Specially for a complicated component like this one. It would greatly help
existing and new members. (Unless someone on the mailing list feels
otherwise).

-Nakul