Hi,
I have sent a pull request for this issue.
As a next step, could you suggest any new issue? or anything I have to do
to familiarize with Language and run time for parameter servers project.

And regarding writing the project proposal I have few questions.
* In the epic there are few sub tasks, is it enough to focus on a single
task through out the summer? Would it have enough work load or should I go
for multiple tasks?
* What is the linkage between sub tasks? Do tasks like, Distributed Spark
Back-end or Local multi threaded back ends; need previous tasks completed
before starting work?

I am glad if you could suggests some issues related to Distributed spark
back-end or multi threaded backend tasks.

Thanks.
Regards,
Chamath

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 6:46 AM, Matthias Boehm <mboe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chamath,
>
> in general, you're absolutely right - you can enable -stats and
> programmatically probe the heavy hitter statistics for certain opcodes.
> However, uamin and uamax stand for "unary aggregate minimum" and "unary
> aggregation maximum" which correspond to min(X) and max(X) on script level.
> Instead all generated fused operators are prefixed with spoof or sp_spoof
> (for distributed spark operations). The related junit assertion should
> already be in the existing tests, I just mentioned it for completeness.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:30 AM, Chamath Abeysinghe <
> abeysinghecham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your detailed reply.
>> I did some coding
>> <https://github.com/apache/systemml/compare/master...chamathabeysinghe:SYSTEMML-2159?diff=split&name=SYSTEMML-2159>
>> [1] for this issue SYSTEMML-2159 to extend test cases for FA & FNR . I got
>> a problem regarding success criteria's, "generating at least one fused
>> operator" condition, I think this means I have to look into stats of Heavy
>> hitter instructions and check if there are any fused operators. (my guess
>> is uamin and uamax are the operators what I have to look for, but I am not
>> sure about this because I don't know the meaning of these instructions).
>>
>> Please help me to clarify this. If my approach is correct I could send a
>> PR after fixing tests for other algorithms. Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chamath
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/apache/systemml/compare/master...cham
>> athabeysinghe:SYSTEMML-2159?diff=split&name=SYSTEMML-2159
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 1:54 AM, Matthias Boehm <mboe...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> fuse_cost_based_v2 (default). You can provide alternative config xml

--
Chamath Abeysinghe
University of Moratuwa