On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Matthias Boehm <mbo...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> yes, these changes are all local to 'org.apache.sysml.runtime'. Other
> than binary format incompatibility, there are no other side effects for MR
> or Spark. These changes are primarily a cleanup of a historically grown
> package structure and a preparation step. For now, there will be still just
> one assembly - down the road however, this allows us to create a separate
> artifact of the core runtime library (which is already used by all three
> CP/MR/Spark runtime backends) for external usage too.
>

> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Thanks for the clarification....

And please, when implementing, please follow the steps below to make sure
we don't loose file history.

- Perform the refactor on your own fork (not on apache git)
- Move the files as one git commit
- Do all the file content changes as a second git commit (imports, docs,
javadocs, etc)
- Create a full build to make sure there is no breakages
- Let the team review to make sure we are not loosing history on the files
or something similar.

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende