Hi Sourav,

I recently created a "Contributing to SystemML" document that describes
working with Git (
http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/contributing-to-systemml.html#systemml-on-github).
The workflow described in the document may help you out.

Also, in case it helps, I found the open-source Pro Git book to be very
useful when I started working with Git (https://progit.org/).

Luciano recently created a samples/zeppelin-notebooks directory, so that is
the place to put your example notebook.

By the way, thank you for your great feedback with regards to SystemML! It
was detailed and excellent.

Deron