On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Niketan Pansare <npan...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of the PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/197, I
> have created a setup.py and also uploaded a preview version of the SystemML
> Python package on PyPI (If interested, you can try it by following the
> instructions given in
> http://niketanpansare.github.io/incubator-systemml/beginners-guide-python#
> install-systemml
> ). This package packs the content of our distribution (license, notice,
> readme, SystemML.jar and algorithms) along with the python files and is
> also flagged with Apache 2.0 license in setup.py.

Very good addition to SystemML.

Note that, putting SystemML artifacts into PyPI is similar to putting
SystemML artifacts into a maven repository and should only be done
officially when a release is done, or periodically as dev, which I believe
is similar to the concept of SNAPSHOTS in maven (see
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/toree).

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975