I can't remember why we did it. Maybe Anatole can help with an answer?

Am 04.02.18 um 23:22 schrieb William Lieurance:
Hi devs,

I noticed the other day that the BigInteger converter is doing its own parsing of
hexadecimal strings at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/blob/db56ee2264f79bb939cb4117c26d3d48d618f1d4/code/core/src/main/java/org/apache/tamaya/core/internal/converters/BigIntegerConverter.java#L57.
  I'm pretty sure it's not working for most large number cases, including a few in the
docs for that class like 0xFFFFAC. Before I open another jira ticket though, can you tell
me why we're reimplementing hex string parsing instead of using
BigInteger("somehexstring", 16)? It's cool if that's an oversight but I want to
make sure I'm not missing some subtle use case.

Thanks!
William

Sent from a tiny keyboard

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany