This is not directly related, but: I would love to help by submitting
patches (at least for my bug report:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1941), but it's really hard to
get tapestry running from source in eclipse (and i work with eclipse and
java based projects every day).

I will open another thread with my experience in trying to get the current
tapestry head running in my dev environment.

If one is volunteering to clean up Jira by hand i would think this is the
best idea.

Antother approach would be to:

1) put all tickets to status "On Hold" and add a comment, that the bug
reporter is asked to confirm, that the bug/feature request is still valid.
2) After 4 weeks close the tickets with status "on hold" with resolution
"wont fix"

felix