hello again,

hopefully someone finds a minute to solve my problem, i try to summarize a
little:

my tapestry-5 5.4-SNAPSHOT build fails, because my system is
a German windows box.

approx. 30 tests don't pass, because they assume English form validation
error messages and English formatting of dates and numbers.

i tried seveal fixes (including setting the LANG environment variable and
adding "-Dtapestry,supported-locales=en") but with no success.

does anybody have a hint for me, how to configure the system to
use English as a locale or how to fix the general setup?

happy holiday everybody!

felix

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Felix Gonschorek <fe...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Thank you Lance and Uli,
>
> with your help I made some important steps into the right direction. I now
> use the grade eclipse plugin, it works very well. I also changed the java
> version in the main build.gradle file from 1.5 to 1.6 (Uli: you changed it
> back from 1.6 back to 1.5 in 209efb827 8 weeks ago).
>
> the remaining compilation errors where from some missing java source files
> the the "org.apache.tapestry5.internal.antlr" package - i assumed they
> are being generated with the first full gradle buid.
>
> So I tried to build everything from command line (cygwin, windows 7
> "./gradlew build"). But here my next problems arise: The build fails very
> soon when building tapestry-beanvalidator in
> the TapestryBeanValidationIntegrationTest and the antlr files are not being
> generated. After looking into things, i found out that the tests assert
> that there are english bean-validation messages present - my environment is
> german and the integration-apps output german messages and formatting, so
> the tests fail. Fix was easy: i added
> "configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en");" in the
> AppModule of the beanvalidator integration test. now beanvalidator module
> builds and all tests pass - but now in tapestry-core there are other tests
> failing - also because of german localized messages and formatting (dates,
> numbers)  - the tests assert english messages and formatting. the first
> four failing tests are:
>
> 1372 methods, 24 failed, 1348 passed
>
> basic_grid:
> "//img[@class='t-sort-icon']/@alt was '[aufw.]' not '[Asc]'"
>
> bean_editor:
> "Page did not contain 'You must provide at least 3 characters for First
> Name.'."
>
> calendar_field_inside_bean_editor:
> "Page did not contain 'Apr 6, 1978'."
>
> cancel_button
> "ERROR: Element //input[@value='Cancel'] not found"
>

> Now i am stuck - i would like not to have to add the fixed english locale in
> every "AppModule" and every Integration test.
>
> I tried to set the locale before building the tests from command line but
> with no success.
>
> I tried:
>
> export LANG="en_US"
> export LC_ALL"en_US"
> ./gradlew -Dtapestry.supported-locales=en build
>
> I also added the line
> JAVA_OPTS="-Dtapestry.supported-locales=en"
> on top of the gradlew build script without success - the tests continue to
> fail.
>
> Is this a bug? I would like to help and try to fix it and improve the
> tests or the test environment, that the locale of the user where the build
> runs is not used and english is being used instead. Or is my build setup
> wrong and cygwin is in some way not supported? Any ideas?
>
> Thanks you guys
> Felix
>

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Ulrich Stärk <u...@spielviel.de> wrote:

> [...]

Netzgut Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)

Kirchstr. 18
69115 Heidelberg

Telefon:
+49 6221 39298 51

Telefax:
+49 6221 39298 59

E-Mail:fe...@netzgut.net

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 709833
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Heidelberg
Geschäftsführer: Felix Gonschorek
Ust-IdNr.: DE272871752