On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:57:55 -0300, Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com> wrote:

No reason to vote yet as we don't know how the end result would look like. I think it'd be far better to create a remote branch for all to see, and
once you know how it's gonna turn out, we can vote on merging it in.

You nailed it, Kalle. I'm creating a beanmodel-split branch and I'll push it to Apache's Git as soon as I have enough work.

Lance, you mentioned the possibility of having a tapestry-commons project, and the work I've done so far does indicate that it should exist. There's a lot of stuff the beanmodel project will need that doesn't make sense any sense to be inside it: ObjectLocator, AnnotationProvider, MessageFormatter, Messages, TypeCoercer, Coercion, CoercionTuple, and that's just the ones I've uncovered so far. I'm creating a 'commons' subproject for them.

Kalle

-----Original Message-----
From: "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎10/‎10/‎2014 16:20
To: "Tapestry development" <dev@tapestry.apache.org>
Subject: Re: BeanModel classes as a separate project and/or JAR?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 03:28:52 -0300, Lance Java <lance.j...@googlemail.com

wrote:

Yes... It would be a dependency rather than the same package. Either way
it's the same net result (tapestry-ioc on the classpath when all you
wanted was a bean mapper). That's the bloatware I was speaking of.

I see. I agree this is far from ideal, but it may not be possible to do it
in another way. I don't know yet.

Regarding Git, is there any way of copying files from one folder to
another without losing its history?

On 9 Oct 2014 22:19, "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com

wrote:

 On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 10:42:48 -0300, Lance Java
<lance.j...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

For a BeanModel framework to come packaged with tapestry-ioc feels like

bloatware to me.

I suggested a BeanModel JAR with a dependency on Tapestry-IoC, not
including Tapestry-IoC, in case we cannot really make a standalone
BeanModel JAR.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br