Hi!

Yeah, this whole situation is weird. That's what I get from running
mvn dependency:tree on a test project using Tapestry 5.8.4:

[INFO] com.test:test:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-core:jar:5.8.4:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-ioc:jar:5.8.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-func:jar:5.8.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations:jar:5.8.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.tapestry:plastic:jar:5.8.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  |  \- org.apache.tapestry:plastic-asm:jar:5.8.4:compile

So plastic-asm is indeed listed there. And I had no problems running
the project on Eclipse.

Cheers!

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 4:21 AM Ben Weidig <b...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Same here, but trying to run a project, not tests.
>
> Looking at the repository POMs, plastic is including plastic-asm as its
> dependency, but Eclipse isn't listing it under "Project and External
> Dependencies".
> Even adding it to a project's build.gradle doesn't make it appear.
>
> However, .gradlew dependencies lists plastic-asm as a dependency:
>
> ...snip...
> |    |    |    |    +--- org.apache.tapestry:plastic:5.8.4
> |    |    |    |    |    \--- org.apache.tapestry:plastic-asm:5.8.4
>
> The JAR seems fine, containing the relocated classes at the correct package
> path.
>
> Going over the GitHub issues, I find a lot of people having weird problems
> with shadowJar that resolve themselves without an obvious change/solution...
>
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 9:12 PM Volker Lamp <vl...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Testing the brand-new 5.8.4 release candidate, a
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > org/apache/tapestry5/plastic/internal/asm/ClassVisitor
> >
> > occurs when running a tapestry-spock based test. The same test runs fine
> > in 5.8.3.
> >
> > The problem needs further analysis. Not sure if tapestry-spock is
> > missing a dependency or if a transitive dependency is missing elsewhere.
> > Will look at this further when I have more time. For now I wanted to
> > share the observation in case someone else is experiencing similar issues.

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo