Starting the review process...

UP-FRONT CHECKS
The MD5 checksums in the [VOTE] email are the same as the SHA1 checksums.
I'm using the downloaded MD5 and SHA-1.

(Question) I'm curious what r13865 means:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/rc2/
(r13865)

I didn't see the commit ID in the [VOTE] email. Did I miss it?

LICENSES - THIRD-PARTY.properties file

The list of # Already used licenses in project : includes

# - GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1
Isn't this a category-x license? (It doesn't show up in the
"Please fill in the missing licenses" list.)

Missing licenses:
# http://x-stream.github.io/license.html - this link says BSD (but not
which type);
should this copyright be included in our Notice file?

org.aopalliance--com.springsource.org.aopalliance--1.0.0  - no license
listed

# https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/blob/jdom-1.1/core/LICENSE.txt  -
this link has a copyright;
include in Notice file? What do we use for "type" of license? "Copyright?"
Or is this also a "JDOM License" like
org.jdom--com.springsource.org.jdom--1.1.0?

# http://www.xmlpull.org/  - no license listed

Category B licenses?
Aren't these listed under category-b, binary release only? Or do they meet
the exception
for allowing in a source release? ("For small amounts of source that is
directly
consumed by the ASF product at runtime in source form, and for which that
source is unmodified and unlikely to be changed ...")

javax.transaction--com.springsource.javax.transaction--1.1.0 - CDDL 1.0

org.aspectj--com.springsource.org.aspectj.runtime--1.6.0 - Eclipse Public
License 1.0
org.aspectj--com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver--1.6.0 - Eclipse Public
License 1.0

That's as far as I can get today. Will do the rest of the review tomorrow.

Gale